Below mentioned tools are used for this tutorial which should be installed on your computers. If you have already not installed these softwares, click on it to view tutorial, how to install these software
1- Oracle Jdeveloper IDE
2- MySQL Database Server
3- MySQL Connector/J
please follow the below mentioned steps to complete the installation
- Download MySQL Connector/J 3.0.11
- unzip it and copy the JDBC driver JAR file to a known location, such as /jdev/lib (mine is C:\bea\jdeveloper\jdev\lib)
- In Oracle JDevloper, from the Tools menu, select Default Project Properties.
- In the tree view, select Libraries and Classpath.
- In the right pane, select Add Libary. The 'Add Library' dialog will be displayed.
- select New. The 'Create Library' dialog will be displayed.
- Name the library MySQL JDBC.
- Set the location to User.
- Click on Class Path.
- Click Add Entry. The 'Select Path Entry' dialog is displayed.
- Navigate to the JAR file for the MySQL Connect/J JDBC driver (it should be called something like C:\bea\jdeveloper\jdev\lib\mysql-connector-java--bin.jar).
- Click on the jar file and click Select.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- The library will be defined, and it will be in the Selected Libraries list. You probably do not want that library to be defined in all your projects, so shuttle it over to the Available Libraries list.
Now you can use that library in any of your projects to connect JDeveloper Projects to connect with MySQL Database Server.